Values, Mission, and Goals
University College Advising Center
Advise with vision.
In the University College Advising Center, all of our work is informed by our Shared Values. We enter into every advising interaction with the student's needs in mind, practicing compassion and empathy and promoting growth and development.
Mission Statement & Goals
The University College Advising Center will provide accessible, friendly, and accurate academic advising to undergraduate students at Texas State who are in the process of exploring and selecting a major. We are dedicated to
- providing students with direction, decision-making skills, materials, course options, and referrals to assist in the career exploration process
- assisting exploratory-professional students in meeting the admission standards for the McCoy College of Business Administration
- guiding students toward graduation with a Bachelor of General Studies degree
- promoting the value and requirements of the Texas State University core curriculum
- informing students of university policies and procedures
- respecting students' decisions in the academic advising process