Ask an Advisor! Policies and Procedures
The University College Advising Center's "Ask an Advisor!" form is for Exploratory, Exploratory Professional, and General Studies majors, as well as students inquiring about major exploration and options.
If you are a current student, your major has another Advising Center, and you are not asking about changing your major, please contact your major's advising center.
- In order to receive a timely response using the Ask An Advisor! feature, you must:
- Include your first name, last name, Texas State ID number, and a reliable email address. We will use the email address provided by you. We strongly recommend you provide your Texas State email address (if possible).
- Be specific and detailed with your question(s) and/or request(s).
- If you have multiple questions, try to ask them in one request.
- Depending on the nature and/or complexity or your question and/or situation, you may be recommended to schedule an appointment or speak to an on-call advisor. Email is not always a great option for advising issues.
- Response Emails will only be sent Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- During non-peak times, responses can take up to two business days.
- During peak times, (registration periods), responses can take up to three business days.
If you would rather schedule an appointment with an academic advisor in University College, click here.
(* - indicates a required field)